• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Any evidence for god?

Has anyone begun to speak in tongues? Saw god appear or have direct evidence of his intervention in any way in your life? I'd like a reason to believe but,,,,,,

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Any evidence for god?

Relgious people: "God is all around you. The proof is in the life that God has given you."

People who aren't brainwashed: "Nope."

bigbadbrody

Banned

People who aren't brainwashed: "Nope."

like me

god is like the bogeyman, santa or the tooth fairy, its a fictional charecter your parents make up

Has anyone begun to speak in tongues? Saw god appear or have direct evidence of his intervention in any way in your life? I'd like a reason to believe but,,,,,,

I have not spoken in tongues or saw God since I stopped taking LSD.

I have seen God while in the glorious hold of mushrooms, in fact he looked a lot like Satan Claus, Big guy, white beard, midgets around him who might have actually been angels. Ah, Christmas time at the mall while under the influence of a psychedelic drug.:thumbsup:

youwanttoshagme

Closed Account
I saw him the other day. I was at a party with Lord Lucan, Steve Fossett and Benjamin Briggs. Glen Miller was keeping us entertained along with Bin Laden telling the jokes.

Oh no, that was just too much cheese before bed last night.

There is no God as no-one can prove he has or ever will exist. In the science community, it's a null-hypothesis, therefore can not be proved. Religious lot take that as "Ah, but look who smart god is if he can hide from everyone."

Either that makes it true that each of the above named at the start of the post are gods (we can't prove that they died, so can not prove they still exist), or I can claim that I am the god of all life, the university and eternity. I don't have to prove I am god in just in the same way religious people don't have to prove their god exists, therefore I am god.

A lot of religious people will claim there is a god due to crying paintings, small miracles etc but every one of them will have a scientific explanation. I've seen an elephant on acid. I'm sure that if you didn't know that it was on acid, you would think it is a message from god. I can do small magic tricks, again, does that make me a god???

you should not give acid to elephants.

there is a lot of people, and I mean serious anthropologists, that really believe all religion was created by the use of hallucinogenic drugs.

The beauty of a gorgeous naked woman has often made me feel that there's gotta be some higher power. Antarctica and vast lonely forests sometimes do it for me as well.

But "evidence" per se? Nope, haven't seen any.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
there are many interpretations of what god is.
Many believe that there is something more to existence than just time on Earth.
I can understand that and hope its true.
Man of science, man of faith.

Everybody should have the right to believe what they want.
A religious person should not judge a non religious person or vice versa, although that happens much too often

As far as the bible goes, I do agree with much of what it says. "An eye for an eye", "He who is without sin"......,
Its origins however are not clear to me.

Garrison are you against Christmas?

Why bring the subject of God to this forum? Do you think that you are going to find a religious person in here so then you can bash him about what is he doing in here??

Not believing or believing that is your personal decision and no one can make you change that so why even bother with a thread like this?

I think it's a valid question.

the bottom line of religion is the search for mankind to make sense out of the universe.

I think that a lot of people on here, because of the orthodoxy and the hypocrisy of many religious people, they don't have faith in the ideas of the holy texts, which sound a lot like absurdities. I understand that and I have a lot of gripes with these institutions, as I do with many other social and historical organizations.

But I still hold on that essential ideal. That's why I am really drawn to science, but that is not all that there is. I've studied most of the religions and I've compared them to each other and to history, science, psychology, and you'll see that the mythology runs deeper than just the surface, it tells a lot about human experience and interaction.

There is so much that we don't know in science, and really all the advancements in the last 30 years or so has been through following the old model that religion does- that is making inferences about the missing information without using evidence and experimentation, because it doesn't exist. That model is in fact the forerunner of science theory, going back to the Greeks. The Greeks celebrated mental construction and deduction and the idea of what we call empiricism was seen as irrelevant to them. The had politics, mathematics, astronomy, philosophy and mythology all together, they didn't see any contradictions between them.

What I'm saying is that you should be open to new experiences in whatever form they take and just process the information as it comes and try to fit it into a working model. Just because the old model doesn't work, that doesn't mean the information that it is drawn from is totally useless.

Look at something like UFO encounters and divine revelation from religious people and you will see that they are remarkably similar. Now of course I don't believe in either of those two things, but you can't really ignore that phenomenon and just write it off as nothing, because it can't just be mere coincidence, all these events are all tied together. That's the kind of thing that I am talking about.

those drugs don't make you see things that aren't already there. they just open your brain up to accepting the information that it is already perceiving unaware, largely in the sub-conscious, but externally as well. they problem is that most people don't go any further, they don't attempt to make sense of that information or reprogram their senses, so instead of a filter, you just have like an open window that blows through and then out. you end up with a trippy experience, but it doesn't really get you anywhere.

I suppose that is enough for some, but I wouldn't recommend using hallucinogens if your goal is just to have a recreational good time. really pot is good for the same thing too, but it's less intense and you have to put in more of your own work. coupled with yoga or meditation it can make for a really good tool for learning and self-awareness. Most recreational users perceive this at some level, which is why stoners find a lot of pleasure in listening to music or watching television.

as for having a good time, all the drugs that increase stimulation are harmful to you and your body chemistry. I'd say to get your rush of pleasure and adrenaline by engaging in group activities, it will have the same biological effects and be psychologically/emotionally fulfilling as well. being a junkie will jsut make you crash and burn.

That's probably a better way to go, since the others can be hard to find and more dangerous.

ok so one more thing, I wouldn't recommend any nervous system suppressants. even though pot is to an extant as well as alcohol. they will just cause temporary avoidance of the condition, but are not therapeutic at all. they are also harmful, and I don't think there is any good reason outside of medical necessity to do them.