• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ancient Mysteries

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Great thread! :thumbsup:

I enjoy the various books and shows on things like this. And yeah, once you realize how advanced these ancient people were, it makes you wonder if we're (really) where we could/should be. One book I read years ago suggested that had it not been for the Dark Ages and the great plague, we would have likely engaged in space travel long before the 1960's. The thought was, if we'd continued the knowledge momentum from the end of the Roman Empire forward, what we have now would have been around several hundred years ago.

It makes you sit back... wondering what we'd be like now if there had been airplanes in the late 1700's, and then manned space flights by the 1800's. Can you imagine? :confused:

I like Nostradamus & reading his stuff , but I agree with you once an event happens quite a few people say Nostradamus predicted it , but in truth he didnt as you say his stuff is vague so people can fit it in after it happens!!

If Nostradamus wants to impress me , predict something before it happens !! :bowdown:

Exactly!

The point to remember is that there were some pretty smart guys in those days. They didn't have the knowledge base that we have but were pretty brainy.
I ask you , could YOU work out the length of a year by just naked eye observation? Even the Romans had it worked out to the nearset hour.

We all know that science will probably never figure out how the Egyptian pyramids were built. But this shit puts the pyramids in Egypt to shame!

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_6.htm

Engineers couldn't do this today with this level of precision with current tools and techniques. Then take into account that this city is estimated to 17,000 years old and it really does blow your mind!

I dunno, but this shit is fascinating to think about.

:hatsoff:
nice post Legz