• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ancient Mysteries

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
We all know that science will probably never figure out how the Egyptian pyramids were built. But this shit puts the pyramids in Egypt to shame!

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_6.htm

Engineers couldn't do this today with this level of precision with current tools and techniques. Then take into account that this city is estimated to 17,000 years old and it really does blow your mind!

I dunno, but this shit is fascinating to think about.

Baalbek also gives the pyramids a run for their money. No one knows how the hell these stones were moved and placed so precise that a razor can't be placed between them. On a documentary I saw on Baalbek they said there isn't a crane in the world that can move weight anywhere close to the stones at Baalbek. The stones at Baalbek are huge. The pyramids have no stones that can compare to the biggest ones at Baalbek.

What I find fascinating is the fact that ancient cultures could build all these marvels using archaic tools, but scholars today can't imagine how the could've done it. I wonder if all our progress as a culture is really an advancement, or a decline. To compare our modern buildings to the ancient ones, taking into account the level of technology available at the time, is the same as comparing a child's picture on the refrigerator versus an architect's drawings.

What I find fascinating is the fact that ancient cultures could build all these marvels using archaic tools, but scholars today can't imagine how the could've done it. I wonder if all our progress as a culture is really an advancement, or a decline. To compare our modern buildings to the ancient ones, taking into account the level of technology available at the time, is the same as comparing a child's picture on the refrigerator versus an architect's drawings.

Yes it is amazing. Even with all our modern technology we would have a hard time recreating something like the Pyramids or Baalbek. Sometimes it seems like ancient civilizations knew more than we do.

Yes it is amazing. Even with all our modern technology we would have a hard time recreating something like the Pyramids or Baalbek. Sometimes it seems like ancient civilizations knew more than we do.

The Aztecs had penicillin hundreds of years before we "discovered" it. The Mayans were performing brain surgery when Europeans were digging peoples' eyes out with spoons. Hell, the Egyptians had beer, for fuck's sake! :beer:

It's not so hard to believe when you realize that these ancient people had nothing else to do but learn all of those talents.

It's not like they had to IM each other or check out facebook. No Ipods, internet, tv or anything else to do.

I think it was also a lot of man power. I can see every male having to help work on these things, and the process probably caused a lot of fatalities. It's still pretty gnarly though.

you know i find an ancient mystery, Nostradamus, he lived around 15 hundred something and he told every big event what would happen untill now and he was right for 95 %.
unbelievable.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Prehistoric Legos. Astounding. Some alien influence perhaps? Or are toy companies behind it??

And what to think about the Nazca lines ?

Seen by someone on the ground, they look like that :
http://www.leelau.net/chai/images/peru/nazca.JPG

Take a plane, fly over them and this is what you'll see :
http://www.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nazca-lines.gif

They 've drawn by a pre-colombian civilisation, in Peru, between 300BC and 800AC
Ah yes, there's of course the crackpot theory about alien landing strips etc. One plausible idea is that they were 'power lines', during ceremonies they were walked along & you gained the power of the specific creature they were the outline of. Or they were there for the god to see.

habo9

Banned
No he wasn't. His stuff is so vague though that it can be interpreted to fit major events.

I like Nostradamus & reading his stuff , but I agree with you once an event happens quite a few people say Nostradamus predicted it , but in truth he didnt as you say his stuff is vague so people can fit it in after it happens!!

If Nostradamus wants to impress me , predict something before it happens !! :bowdown:

The Egyptians just had lots & lots of slaves & very very big whips! :D

The problem with that though, is that requires a block to be placed every 9 seconds round the clock for the "22 years" it took to build one of the pyramids.

Either they had millions of slaves, or it took longer than 22 years, or they make modern union builders look lazy.....