• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

all-time best NBA player over 7'3 (220cm) ?

hey?

• Gheorghe Muresan 7'7 , 231cm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yao Ming 7'5-7'6 , 226-229cm

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Shawn Bradley 7'6 , 229cm

• Arvydas Sabonis 7'3 , 221cm

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Zydrunas Ilgauskas 7'3 , 221cm

• Rik Smits 7'4 , 224cm

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mark Eaton 7'4 , 224cm

• Manute Bol 7'6-7'7 , 229-231cm

• other

• Total voters
Yao Ming with Rik Smits a close 2nd

No way....................hands down, by far Sabonis. This guy was so awesome when he played for the Russians. In his heyday, he would run circles around anybody, Smits, Ming, Shaq, etc. It didn't matter. The best passing big man of all time. He had a three point shot that couldn't be stopped. I was fortunate to watch him play in the twilight of his career and he was still a stud. Portland drafted him as there #1 pick back in the '70s, but he continued to play for the Russian team until the late '90's. He came into the NBA with some serious foot problems, but still had a stellar career with Portland. He had the total game, he was like Magic Johnson in a 7'ers body.

Ranger

Keeping the question in mind, it asks about their NBA careers. Sabonis is the best all-around player on that list. Smits, however, had the better NBA career.

i heard jordan say once that if sabonis played in the nba rather then europe he would have been considered the best player EVER. the guy was great and we (americans) only saw him after he was 40

my vote goes to manute bol... that dude had the freakiest looking chicken legs ever... plus if you ever saw him on saturday night live, you'd fall in love with this crazy giant.

peace :hatsoff:

harold said:
we (americans) only saw him after he was 40

you must mean after 30... hes about 40 NOW, year 2004
and he came to NBA in the mid/late 90s so he wasnt over 35

but still old for a debut I know

I think that Sabonis is in his late 30's. He may still play for the team that he owns in Vilnus.

I'll still take "Sabas" over the "Dunking Dutchman".

Yeah, a lot of Portland fans drool over the "what if". That is, what if Portland took Jordan over Bowie in the draft and Sabonis was playing for Portland.

But, then again, what if, I hit the lotto:rolleyes:

Cheers to "Sabas"

Ranger:beer: :beer: :beer:

I overlooked sabonis whe I was choosing. He definetely is among the tops. Too bad for me that I did not see him in his heyday but I still think he still is good up to now.

I think If sabonis was still at his prime/best he is #1. But at the present time Yao since he is still young and still improving and sabonis is getting old.