• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

100 Greatest War films..

jod0565

Member, you member...
Yes, some are much better than others, that's for sure.
I did not see Starship Troopers in there - that's a war against bugs! lol

member987

Closed Account
I figured Saving Private Ryan would be number one. My personal fav. is Platoon. I thought it would at least crack the top 5, if not at least be #2.

Great link. Thanks.

BOB would have been # one easy if it were a movie. But I guess it's classified as a series.

i think # 1 is overrated.....a great film but there were better war movies that were lower on the list....the first 20 min makes that movie...and honestly the rest is only good....its like the climax was 20 minutes in....

I was and still am a huge war movie buff. I have loved them since a little kid when I would fake being sick to skip church and watch the foz sunday war movie. There are so good quality movie's on there. There was quite a few on there I would'nt have classified as war movie's, and alot that were left out. There is one in particular I am trying to remember and can't. It is set in afghanistan. It involve's the russian army and a tank crew that get;s stranded out in the middle of know where. If any of you know the name please leave me a private message listing what it is. I have racked my brain for years trying to remember it.

Band of Brothers tops the list.

True It wasn't a two hour film, it was a it was a cable series but it was definately the best portrayal of war ever depicted.

Last edited:
I always thought Apocalypse Now was really bad. Its just boring....

Im glad full metal jacket got in the top 5 though...

lol yes starship troopers, i loved that movie...seeing that saving private ryan was number one, tells me that
a) the list is fixed
b) there are really not that great war movies out there

i have honestly not seen alot of the flicks on this list, but if private ryan was number one, i must assume that war movies are a lacking genre

I guess the first 20 mins of Saving Private Ryan are the best, that's why it is No1.
As for Apocalypse Now, It is a loooong and sometimes boring movie..
but I do like it nonetheless, good actors, good story, good cinematography, not to mention the spectacular helicopter raid to the sound of 'Ride of the Valkyries'...

'I love the smell of Napalm in the morning...'

Apocalypse deserves first place, and then full metal jacket. From a person who realy did see a lot of shit in real life situations, I can say they are the most true to the actual chaos of war! But Ryan is a very good movie!
You can't beat Brando and Kubrick though!

whats the name of the film about an russian sniper-1337-progamer ;p
that was a good film, also black hawk down or saving private ryan.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Saving Private Ryan at No. 1......my fucking arse !

Clearly voted for by numpties

jod0565 said:
Yes, some are much better than others, that's for sure.
I did not see Starship Troopers in there - that's a war against bugs! lol

stupid movie. i red the book before watchin that film. and i was disapointed.

im my opinion my favourite war movie was "behind enemy lines"

the one that was about the soviet sniper vercilly sistsev or something, its a good flick